DOUGLAS DENYS, M.D.
INTERNATIONAL RELIEF MISSIONS
In addition to providing free medical care as a member of the Utah County Health Network, a non-profit program for underprivileged residents of Utah County, Dr. Denys has attended various international missions:
- 2001: Memphis Mission of Mercy: Victorias City and Bacolod City, Philippines. Repair of cleft lips and craniofacial defects.
- 2008: Humanitarian Aid Relief Team. Kakamega, Kenya, Africa. Repair of cleft lip and craniofacial deformities, Thyroid and Head and Neck Surgery.
- 2009: Humanitarian Aid Relief Team. Kakamega, Kenya, Africa Facial plastic surgery. Thyroid surgery. Orphan project.
- 2010: Founder and CEO of Stop the Tears, a not-for-profit foundation intended to help underprivileged children overcome opportunity barriers. www.stopthetears.org
- 2012: Kenya. Stop the Tears mission for orphan children.
- 2013: Belarus and Ukraine. Chernobyl Children's International. Dr. Denys interest in thyroid cancer led him to study Chernobyl. He assisted with children afflicted with thyroid cancer and other health problems caused by radiation exposure.
Dr. Denys in Kenya with a patient after a successful surgery.
Villagers in Kenya dressed in vibrant color.