DOUGLAS DENYS, M.D.
Thyroid and parathyroid surgery, comprehensive practice of general ENT, and pediatric otolaryngology.
Board Certified 2001. American Board of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery to practice Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.).This designation requires peer review, several years of case documentation and review, recommendation by fellow surgeons, and interviews. It is the national organization for surgeons and shows a surgeon's commitment to excellence, life long learning, ethics, and professionalism expected of surgeons.
PRIVATE PRACTITIONER IN SOLO PRACTICE
2001 to present
- Utah Valley Regional Hospital, Provo, Utah
- American Fork Hospital, American Fork, Utah
- Timpanogos Hospital, Orem, Utah
- Orem Community Hospital, Orem, Utah
- Riverwood’s Surgical Center, Provo, Utah
- Central Utah Surgical Center, Provo, Utah
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
1997 to 2001. Residency in Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Smith and Nephew Teaching award, 2000, 2001
- Named outstanding instructor of medical students, 1999, 2000
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- St. Jude Children’s Cancer Research Hospital
- Le Boneur Children’s Regional Hospital
- The Med, regional level I trauma and burn center
- Methodist Hospital
- Baptist Memorial Hospital
- Veteran’s Administration Hospital
- Germantown Facial Plastic Surgery Institute
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT. 1995. M.D.
- Christensen academic scholarship, 1995
- Honors in multiple rotations
- Human anatomy assistant instructor U of U School of Medicine, 1995
- Volunteer at Salt Lake City Homeless Shelter, 1991 to 1995
Utah State University, Logan, UT. 1991.
- Magna cum laude. B.S. in biology and art.
- Multiple academic scholarships
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Diplomate
- Utah Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons and Utah College of Surgeons
- Utah Otolaryngology Chapter
- Adult Congenital Heart Association
- Voted Doctor of the Year for Utah County, 2009. This prestigious award is given to one doctor each year by the Utah County Medical Alliance and recognizes outstanding work as a physician. The one chosen is selected by votes from Utah County physicians.